Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Fathers of Bastards

For those who'd like to get in on today's joke, the full text of Mr. Myers' (phoned-in) column is available here, at the ever delightful Clare Hurlers forum, where the crack goes on, on anfearrua.com. I haven't had a chance to revert to my posting of the real version all day as an t-Idirlinn was on the blink at work.

However, my purchase of the Bindo! yielded the following great story. It seems a disgruntled German ex-politician is doing the satanic work of hundreds of MoBs by adopting up to 1,000 fatherless urchins by year's end, presumably in Paraguay in which country he now resides, as a form of revenge on the German State. According to himself, Mr. Jurgen Hass (56) was wrongly convicted of fraud and "treated like a dog" and is now exploiting a 1998 children's rights law whereby he can adopt fatherless boys with the consent of their mothers thereby entitling them to passports and a lifetime of social welfare freeloading at the expense of his former countrymen.

I mean, it's one thing when a 15 year old slattern from a tenement does it, but a man! Whatever would the Colonel say?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Tis also reproduced in its enirety in the comments section after "The Col's Adventure Through the Looking Glass".

8:11 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I half expect to see a chanting impi of Zulu warriors come trotting over O'Connell Bridge . . .

I'm not surprised to find that the Colonel dreams of the glory days when the Maxim Gun was enough to show the natives who's boss.

12:21 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shame on you, C. It took the raving loonies over at ATW to mark today's emission from the Colonel:

http://atangledweb.typepad.com/weblog/2006/05/1916_and_all_th.html

8:52 p.m.  
Blogger Copernicus said...

I couldn't face it. I'm doing my first night's study after long weeks of procrastination. I think I'll be shutting down for two weeks.

10:31 p.m.  
Blogger Copernicus said...

One look at the headline was enough for me. I was going to use the line "business as usual" to parody his "now where was I" remark yesterday. Today's headline was hardly a surprise.

10:33 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talking about Myers stuff on An Fear Rua ... check out the truly excellent piece called "Miss Gee Gee and Mr My-Erse: A Tale of our Times"

This has to be one of the best ever pieces written anywhere about the Colonel.

2:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home